"Give me an idea and I'll improve it."
Said my conscience the morning of my father's birthday. And yes, perhaps that is an overcomplicated reason to make a cake. But I just wanted chocolate okay? And I wanted it decorated. With raspberries. And amaretti biscuits.
200g - Dark Chocolate
175g- Unsalted Butter
175g - 200g Caster Sugar
5 tablespoons- Espresso Coffee/ Instant Coffee
150g- Plain Flour
For the Cream:
150g- Icing Sugar
150g - Cacao
(This can be modified for less sugar and no cacao for a sharper taste)
Amaretti Biscuits, Fresh Raspberries to decorate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Melt the chocolate over a bowl of simmering water
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter with the sugar and then whisk with an electric whisk. Add the eggs one at a time, beating in one after another.
- Alternate adding the flour and the coffee, mixing well.
- Put in a buttered or lined cake dish and cook for 20-30 minutes.
Separately, beat your mascarpone with the sugar and cacao. The icing can be changed for a cream cheese icing.
Add the raspberries and amaretti biscuits!